For Foreign National Students or any other related categories, the seats will be filled in accordance with the procedure stipulated below:
- The candidates against NRI/PIO/NRI sponsored / Industry Sponsored, seats will be admitted on the merit determined on the basis of marks obtained in the qualifying examination. They shall not be required to take the Common Entrance Test.
- The guidelines for admission of Foreign National/P10 shall be as per Punjab Government Notification No. 13/75/2001 -ITE2/296 dated Chandigarh the 23rd January, 2002.
- First preference shall be given to those NRI/P10 candidates who are having ancestraal Punjab Resident background.
- Second preference shall be given to those NRI/PIO candidates who are having ancestral background relating to other states of India.
- Third preference shall be given to those resident Indian candidates who are sponsored by an N RI/PIO. In such cases, the sponsorship letter should be attached with their application
- The fee structure for these seats shall be as notified earlier vide 1/9/2000-ITE 2/11 88 dated.10.3.03. Miscellaneous charges like Admission Fee, Security, Students fund & Hostel fee shall be as already fixed & conveyed vide memos dated 4/3/99 & 15/3/99, Admission of the candidates under NRI/PIO/NRI Sponsored/Industry Sponsored category (a to e) shall be made provided they fulfill other terms & conditions as laid down in the notification.
- Any seats remaining vacant under NRI/PIO/NRI Sponsored/Industry sponsored Quota till the last date of admission in these institutions shall stand transferred to the “Management Quota”.
- The guidelines for admission of Kashmiri migrants shall be as per Punjab Government Notification No. 35/44/95-ITE2/3244 dated Chandigarh the 30th August, 2001.